I am a joiner, what can I say. When I see something that I’d love to participate in, well- I just can’t help myself! It is all because of these online blog groups that I have created more in the last 6 months than I have in the past 5 years. I love all of the groups I participate in. They motivate me, inspire me and challenge me. And through them, I have become a part of some very amazing communities of people with similar interests! How can you not LOVE that!
Anyway, when I saw Wardrobe Refashion ’06, I just had to take part and here is why:
1. I deperately need different clothes. Lately, I’ve been wearing the same old stuff: plain jane t-shirts and jeans (shorts, capri’s or pants) BORING!!! It’ll be a good time to mix things up for myself.
2. I am totally broke! With moving cost coming up and me not working, I can’t afford to spend regular or even sale prices for clothes that I want.
3. I love thrift shopping. I have gotten away from it in the last few years, but am ready to dive in full force.
4. I already own a lot of clothes that have great potential for being fabulous new-to-me items!
5. I have a wonderful new sewing machine (only 3 months old) that is begging for attention.
6. By recycling, refashioning and making my own stuff, I will have unique & “all my own” style clothing (whatever that is). I love the idea of that!
7. I won’t be giving in to American mass producing consumerism. It’s better for the world, for my family and for me! (not to mention all of the independent artist, crafters and creators in the world!)
Pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of “new” manufactured items of clothing,
for the period of 4 months.
I Pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle pre-loved items
for myself for the term of my contract.
I Pledge that I shall create and craft items of clothing for myself
with my own hands in
fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract.
I Pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my
refashioned, renovoated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing
on the Wardrobe Refashion blog,
so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings!
I am in my sister’s wedding in August which means I need to get a bridemaid dress. I may be using my “out of refashionista jail” button for it, or maybe not. Haven’t exaclty decide how to approach it yet. hmm.