Another year has flown by and the holidays are over, I am officially ready to start the new year. Every year I make a list of things I want to accomplish and every year most of them get lost in the wash. This year I thought I’d skip the list, but I love making lists! Then I saw Krista’s list and the groovy way she categorized it. Before you know it, I’m listing and categorizing. I also wanted this list to be comprised of things that would make me a better and happier person — enriched.
* Make more time for my friends. With no family in town, I’ve been realizing how important having friends can be. People to hang out with – kick back and have fun. I tend to become hermit-like on my days off, not wanting to leave the house or even pick up the phone.
* Call my sisters more often – they make me laugh.
* Make weekly hikes with my family a priority. We love spending time outdoors together enjoying all of nature’s goodness.
* Organize easy and healthy recipes for Daddy to use on the days that I work. Ones that don’t rely entirely on the convenient frozen vegetarian items he loves so much.
* Sew clothes for myself.
* Open up shop to sell my goodies (really, this is the year!)
* Complete a collection of maternal/child themed paintings.
* Teach my children the importance of water and energy conservation by setting good examples as parents. Show them we care about the environment.
* Consume less. Really become more aware of what I buy and ask myself, “Do I really, really need this?” Buy environmentally friendly items, support handmade and buy thrifted!
* Become a certified lactation consultant at my hospital to promote and support breastfeeding among the post-partum patients. More importantly, educate my fellow co-workers so they may be more supportive of breastfeeding.
* Learn Spanish so that I may communicate more effectively with my Spanish-speaking patients.