I found this fabric at Hancock’s in the remnant section and knew I had to make a skirt from it. Unfortunately, it is a very thin, light weight cotton and there was only 1 1/3 yards of it. I figured I’d make do.
Since I had very little to work with, I couldn’t mess with hems and casings. So, I followed angry chicken’s steps and did a rolled hem with my serger. I also used a wide bias tape for the elastic waist casing, saving me from having a mini skirt (I didn’t have any FOE). I also made a lining to help with the see-through-ness. It is only attached at the waist. It was super easy, taking less than an hour, while watching project runway.
Have a very nice weekend!