My craft room is the hottest room in the summer and the coldest in the winter. I thought maybe if I could finally put curtains up, it might help keep the morning sun from warming it up so quickly.
One of the reasons it had taken me so long, was trying to decide of the fabric. I knew I should use something from my vintage linen collection, because I have tons of it, but I couldn’t settle on anything I had. Then one day the hubby put up a rod and threw a random sheet up. It was totally horrible. Dark and just wrong in every way. It was exactly the motivation I needed to get something pretty and light up. I cannot be creative in a dark, cave-like room! On further assessment of my stash, I discovered that I could use a few of my pretty vintage pillowcases.
All it took was 3 pillowcases cut in half to make 6 panels. I mixed them up a bit and they were sewn together. I made two curtains (three panels each) so I could open them if I wanted. I also used some old cotton lace to make the tabs. Easy peasy, I love them and my room is still bright and cheery.