I’m feeling a bit better today. I’m really shocked at how hard this hit me, like I had been broken up with. But now I am more than ready to move on. Being sad and feeling hurt SUCKS!! I really do not like feeling this way and whenever I’m having a hard time processing through bad feelings, I like to make a list of things I’m grateful for…. I’ve been working on this list all day, because it’s just been a really great day.
1. The overflowing and love and support from my husband who continues to gently nudge me towards my dreams and hold me up when I’m down.
2. The smiling faces of me sweet boys. They could sense I’ve been down these last few days and have said some cute things like, “Mom, I love you as much as all the stars in the sky. ( thoughtful pause) You do know that the sun is the biggest star don’t you?” And, “maybe your eyes need some eye drops to help them feel better.”
3. All of YOU, my dear blogging friends (my sister too) who have sent me the sweetest emails of support and encouragement. I had to work over the last 2 days and throughout the days I received beautiful messages. I couldn’t read them until I got home because every time I tried the water works started. I am so lucky to have you!!!
4. This very sweet comment from Stacia, that I received on my ‘about’ page this morning:
“Just wanted to let you know that u inspired me, and that’s saying something because I’m like 12 years old and you make me want to be a vegetarian and I love to make crafts so I think your brilliant ”
Heart melting!~If that’s not inspiration to keep doing what I’m doing, I don’t know what is!
5. A 40 minute workout on the elliptical machine, rocking out to some Franz Ferdinand. Sweatin’ it out feels good!
6. New summer sandals (on sale!) and freshly painted nails (skirt from a Portland,OR thrift shop- got it last summer)
7. 3 etsy sales this week!!
8. Bright sunny days (Hot, but I still love that sunshine)
9. Happy kids noises all day = summertime.
10. Craft room is still clean and clutter free.
11. The 2lbs of organic blueberries the hubby just brought home this morning, now half gone.
12. New HUGE moleskine art journal.
14. Future plans with my friend Alexandra, for craft fair in November.
15. Found some plaster gauze and will be playing later today.
16. Camera apps on my phone : Fx Camera, Retro Camera and Little Photo
17. Music,music,music:A Fine Frenzy, Imogen Heap, Laura Marley, Dawn Landes, Eddie Vedder, Phoenix, The Strokes, Franz, Blitzen Trapper, Fleet Foxes, Feist, Adele, The Shins, Blind Pilot, Tilly & the Wall, Ravonettes to name a few…
18. Refreshing Pomegranate Cosmopolitans (we used pomegranate juice instead of cranberry juice) So good!
19. My Vita Mix, morning green smoothies and sweet miso-mustard dressing on my salads. (dressing recipe: 2 tbsp yellow miso, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp agave nectar or honey, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar, 3-4 tbsp oil of choice, 1/2-1 cup water, salt & pepper to taste)
20. Being able to share all of this with YOU. Because YOU are my kind of people. Thanks for being there for me.