Remember that really important test I took about 3 months ago? The one determining my status as a International Board Certified Lactation Consultant? Well, I passed (pheeeew!). I’m so glad the waiting is all over! Don’t think that I haven’t been thinking about it, every day for the last 3 months! I can finally thump that annoying little guy that has been sitting on my shoulder telling me I should’ve studied more.
I got the results on Friday and spent the whole weekend relishing the fact that a new chapter in my nursing career is about to start. Things are looking a lot better. The certificate came today. Woohhoooo!!
Here are some of the things we did over the weekend…
* Tucson Green Festival which was nice and informative, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed by all the Styrofoam & waste that was generated. What’s up with that!
* Dinner out at Guilin, a healthy Chinese restaurant with lots of vegan options. Very yummy.
* Some low-budget, but very tasty wine to celebrate.
* A walk around colorful downtown Tucson.
* Hike on Sunday morning.
* Lots of reading.
* Farmers market trip resulting in a delicious pasta dinner.
* Some pumpkin carving with the boys.
* Lots of drawings/watercolors (coming soon).
* The discovery of a new shop called Popcycle, featuring handmade/recycled items. Very cool.
* Lots of smiling from the incredibly kind comments on my eyeball Ts. You guys are awesome.