I’ve been wanting to host another swap for awhile now (remember my bird swap?) and have been very keen on all of the pretty brooches and pins that I’ve been seeing lately. I love adding a splash of prettiness & color to an otherwise boring cardigan, t-shirt or tote bag. I have a few that I adore!
So, here’s the deal:
1. Handmade brooches only. They can be sewn, embroidered, felted, painted, stamped, decoupaged, beaded, recycled, knitted, crocheted, etc. Anything goes, but it MUST be something you would be thrilled to receive.
2. Think small & flat(ish). No bigger than 4 inches in diameter. Remember these will be going through the mail and you will be paying for postage both ways. They should all fit nicely in a 8.5 x 11 inch padded envelope or smaller. No boxes please. Use bubble wrap or paper to wrap them so they make it safely through the mail.
3. Make five. They can all be the same or they can all be totally different. Consider making a 6th to giveaway on your blog on February 20th, just to spread the love. I will list all participants for the giveaway on my blog so folks will know where to go.
4. All brooches must get to me by Saturday, February 18th. That is in 4 weeks! You will send your brooches with return postage (international folk will pay for postage via paypal). I will be sending all participants detailed instructions once sign-up is closed.
5. You do not have to have a blog to participate, but it would be nice to see what everyone makes. A flickr group has been started so that you can share what you have made with EVERYONE! Please add yourself as a member if you are joining.
6. I will send out 5 different brooches to each participant by February 28th.
7. If you would like to join in the fun, send me an email to regina (at) creativekismet (dot) com (sorry, I had the wrong email in before- now it is fixed). Please put “brooch exchange” in the subject line. Sign up closes January 26th. Sign up is closed. Thank you!!
1. Birdy Brooch, 2. Delicate Balance Brooch, 3. felted wool brooch, 4. Fabric Brooch, 5. Leaf Shaped brooches, 6. Crafting 365 / 56 – new brooches!, 7. Indian Sari Brooches, 8. new brooches, 9. hexagon flower brooch, 10. Flower brooch greetings card, 11. harvest blossom, 12. a few pins, 13. Pink and Yellow Crochet Flowers, 14. greys and browns and green, 15. recycled wool brooch, 16. flowery fawn brooch, 17. felt flowers, 18. Brooches – detail, 19. Rainbow Brooch, 20. orange sun pin tuffet, 21. Pomegranate Brooch, 22. A wee rosy rose, 23. “The Fungus Among Us” – Mushroom Brooch, 24. singin’ a song, 25. toadstool brooches
Above are some amazing brooches from flickr to spark some inspiration. One of the things I love most about swaps and exchanges and getting to see in person all the beautiful handmade goodness and connecting with all of you out there in a way that is a little less electronic. Hope you will decide to join in.