Happy New year everyone! Are you ready for a creative way to start the new year?
With the holidays behind us (phew!) and the new year looking straight at us, I thought I’d host a Birds of Change Exchange. I’ve been dreaming up this idea for months now and wanted to wait till the seasonal chaos had come to a close.
The idea came from wanting to hang handmade birds throughout my home, windows, wall, plants etc. I just didn’t want to them all to be made by me. I also have been thinking a lot about the new year and the many new, exciting and unknown changes to come. I want to approach the new year as positively as possible. I thought that maybe these birds might help serve as reminders throughout the year to be hopeful, positive and open.
Here’s the deal:
1. Handmade birds only. Made to hang, all year long. They can be sewn, embroidered, felted, painted, stamped, decoupaged, beaded, recycled, stuffed, knitted, crocheted, or made from paper, etc. Anything goes, but it MUST be something you would be thrilled to receive.
2. Think small, ornament style. No bigger than your hand (roughly 4 x6 in). Remember these will be going through the mail. You will pay for postage, so that will guide you on how heavy you would like your birds to be.
3. Make five. They can all be the same or they can all be totally different. Consider making a 6th to giveaway on your blog on January 20th, for a birds of change giveaway. I will list all participants for the giveaway on my blog so folks will know where to go.
4. All birds must get to me by Saturday, January 17th. 31st. You will send your birds with return postage (international folk will pay for postage via paypal). I will be sending all participants detailed instructions once sign-up is closed.
5. You do not have to have a blog to participate, but it would be nice to see what everyone makes. A flickr group has been started so that you can share what you have made with EVERYONE! Please add yourself as a member if you are joining.
5. I will send out 5 new birds, to each participant, by January 26th February 9th.
6. Sign up is closed– thanks Sign up closes Friday, January 9th. Email me at regina(AT)creativekismet(DOT)com to join in. ***In the email, please include your name, your web address, home address and flickr address- whatever you have. Please help spread the word by copying the swap button (see buttons here) and putting it on your own blog with a link to this post.
Thanks so much for being a part of my creative world. I hope each and every one of you has a beautiful, healthy and happy new year!!!