I’ve been saving up my paper rolls in hopes of making something with them. I decided to make these little ornaments after folding, bending, cutting and just messing around with the rolls. My little guy helped me out.
Here’s what you need:
craft acrylic paint
ink marker (optional)
strips of fabric, ribbon, yarn, twine (whatever you like)
water-based, nontoxic satin varnish (optional)
1. Fold paper roll as seen in first image.
2. Match points up and press together.
3. Repeat on other end.
5. Decorate. You can paint something directly onto the roll or glue images from books, fabric, wrapping paper, etc. Use small drawings that the kids have done on paper and glue them on, or a photo would work great too. Add a little glitter or stickers. Sky’s the limit.
6. Give a light coat of satin varnish (optional).
6. Punch holes into each point and tie together with twine, ribbon, strips of fabric or yarn. Repeat on other end.
7. Add another string for hanging on your tree OR use as gift packaging for a small treasure (jewelry, small toy, money). Wrap the small gift in tissue paper and stuff inside. Use a long piece of ribbon that you can tie the bottom ends together in a bow so it can easily be re-opened for a surprise inside.