I was mixing up some face serum and bug spray today and thought I’d share some of my favorite sprays and potions. Not all are shown in the picture above.
* For sprays, I use a 2 oz. glass bottle, fill it 3/4 of the way with distilled water, then add essential oils and top with more water if needed.
Face & Body:
* All Natural Face Serum~ I really like this recipe which I use at night to take my makeup off. In the mornings I use straight up coconut oil as a moisturizer for my face and body.
* My favorite Hand Salve is this one. I gave a lot of my friends and family little jars of it because I love it so much.
* Homemade Mouthwash~ Really great for giving your mouth a fresh tingly feel, but also good for little blisters in the mouth and sore gums. 1/2 cup distilled water, 2 tsp baking soda, 2 drops tea tree oil and 2 drops peppermint. My little guy loves this stuff.
* Get Through the Day Spray (energizing)~ 5 drops peppermint, 5 drops spearmint and 5 drops cinnamon.
* Fresh & Sweet (uplifting)~ 2 oz distilled water, 10 drops vanilla, 5 drops of peppermint, 9 drops lavender.
*Happy Heart Spray ~ 2 oz distilled water, 10 drops vanilla, 5 drops of bergamont and 3 drops of rose essential oils.
* Oopsey Cleaning Spray~ When accidents happen with our pet (puke or pee), this helps with deep cleaning and keeps odors away. Also great for cleaning crates. 1.5 oz distilled water, .5 oz white vinegar, 5 drops lemon oil, 10 drops tea tree oil
* Pretty Smelling Freya Spray~ After a good brushing, we will spray a little bit of this on her coat and it smells so good! 2 oz distilled water and 5 drops of bergamont.
* Natural Pet Shampoo~ 1/2 cup castile soap, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 Tbsp coconut oil and 1/2 cup distilled water. Mix gently before each use. This keeps Freya’s coat soft and shiny.
* Bug Spray~ This helps keep mosquitoes at bay without the yucky scent of citronella. Fill a jar half way with distilled water and the other half with witch hazel (or just use distilled water). Add in 3 drops each of rosemary, clove and cinnamon with 5 drops lemongrass, lavender and tea tree. Smells great! Don’t forget to spray mosquito hiding places, like under tables and in dark corners.
* No. 2 Spray for the bathroom~ Who doesn’t love a pretty smelling bathroom, especially when you live with 3 guys! Read more about this one -> HERE <-
* My favorite Yoga Mat Spray can be found -> HERE <-
thanks for sharing these Regina. Definitely going to try some of them soon. Esp love the face serum idea.
love these ideas regina, i just read a book called crafting calm and there were recipes for making your own oils….i think keeping our sense of smell happy makes us happy..going to try your happy heart spray, each scent in it i love!
Thank you Regina for sharing. I make my own lotion bars with beeswax, coconut oil and sesame oil and some lavender essential oil and I love it. I’m really interested in the bug spray and mood sprays.